Prescription Form and Prescribing Information
To ensure efficient fulfillment of submitted prescriptions, please follow the following instructions completely.
1. Review indications and contraindications
Indications for Use: To aid in the transient relief of hand tremors in the treated hand following stimulation in adults with essential tremor (ET).
Contraindications: Cala Trio Therapy System should NOT be used
- by patients with an implanted electrical medical device, such as a pacemaker, defibrillator, or deep brain stimulator.
- by patients that have suspected or diagnosed epilepsy or other seizure disorder.
- by patients who are pregnant.
- on swollen, infected, inflamed areas, or skin eruptions, open wounds, or cancerous lesions.
2. Choose which hand to treat
Cala Trio is designed to stimulate nerves in the left OR right wrist. Device is not interchangeable; note how right-hand therapy is administered.
3. Measure Wrist Size; select Small, Medium, Large
Fit and placement of the Cala Trio are essential to therapeutic efficacy. Read tips to measure wrist when the patient is self-measuring or if the measurement tool is not available, read tips here.
4. Select “tremor task”
The “tremor task” is a postural hold that is repeated to characterize the patient’s tremor. Advise the patient that this specific “Tremor Task” will be performed when the device prompts them for a tremor task. Assess both tasks and choose the more severe postural hold.
[wpv-post-body view_template="None" item="4557"]